Our HighTest Accessible Technology Solutions experts are available to ensure your web applications, proprietary software, business processes, and electronic documentation are accessible to everyone. We evaluate and ensure compliance with accessibility standards set forth in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, as amended, for electronic and information technology and the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (W3C WCAG 2.0).
Bender Consulting Services’ HighTest group can perform the following services:
Section 508 Compliance
- We assess your software and websites for Section 508 compliance, using proven testing methodologies, and recommend best practice remediation techniques. Our compliance checks test for W3C WCAG 2.0 level AA standards, which will ensure that your company will be compliant with any soon to be adopted changes to US federal Section 508.
- We help you achieve compliance with universal design standards by suggesting accessibility solutions that seamlessly integrate Section 508 standards, and maximize usability for end-users of your desktop and mobile web sites and applications.
- We assess and remediate your PDF and MS Office documents to ensure that they comply with documentation accessibility standards.
- Automated software accessibility checkers only catch twenty to thirty percent of all accessibility violations. We collaborate with your software and web developers to identify accessibility issues that cannot be diagnosed by these automated solutions, and recommend best practices accessibility fixes.
- We create Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) documents to ensure that your company has the documentation potential customers and government auditors use to assess the accessibility of your products.
- We evaluate your training documentation and business processes for accessibility and compliance with Section 508 standards, and suggest alternative techniques for delivering content and services.
Accessibility Strategy and Policy Creation Services
Bender’s HighTest group can help you reduce costs by developing an end-to-end corporate accessibility strategy that encapsulates all accessibility concerns, including helping you select off-the-shelf computer products, develop custom software applications, and choose accessible hardware configurations. We develop governance policies that drive the accessibility of all content, whether created by you or integrated through third party vendors. These include accessibility policies for websites and mobile applications, associated documents, third party vendor products, and alternative format requests.
Accessibility Consulting Services
- We provide training to you and your employees about the importance of accessibility and the positive impact it can have on your company’s bottom line.
- We train your company’s development teams on best practices to follow when selecting, creating, or modifying technical solutions for accessibility.
To learn more about our HighTest accessibility Services, download our accessibility overview.
For questions or information about our accessibility services, contact the HighTest Accessibility Group or click here to tell us about your company’s accessibility needs.